The Public Demo Merchant Store (demo store) allows you to try a merchant store running on the Diem testnet. It demonstrates a simple, common use case when working with Diem Coin currencies.
The Public Demo Merchant Store is an online public demo of the Diem Reference Merchant project.
- The products in the demo store are not real and you do not make actual purchases.
- The demo store’s checkout process focuses on payment, bypassing common steps such as asking for shipping details.
- The demo store implementation is simplified, avoiding complexities of real-world merchant stores. For example, you can “buy” products without registration or authentication, and you can “pay” for products without authentication.
- Open the Public Demo Merchant Store.
- Click "Buy Now" for any product. The payment dialog opens with the calculated price.
- Select a Diem Coin currency for payment. Currently, we only have one Diem Coin currency available.
- Scan the QR code or select a simulated Diem wallet.
- Click "See Order Details". A sample Order Details page opens in a different browser tab or window.
The buttons "Cash Out" and "Refund", disabled here, are examples of payment management actions you could use when creating your merchant store.
- Close the Order Details tab or window and return to the demo’s browser tab or window.
- Direct payments under US$1,000 do not require any special AML procedures and are processed immediately.
- Notice the payment ID link at the bottom of the dialog. It can be used to access the payment management page.
Updated 2 months ago